Create a material for a blind layer in a window construction. This material can be plugged into the "HB Window Construction" component.
Window blind properties consist of flat, equally-spaced slats.
- nameText to set the name for the material and to be incorporated into a unique material identifier.
- verticalSet to "True" to have the blinds be vertically-oriented and set to "False" to have them be horizontally-oriented. (Default: False for horizontal).
- slat_widthThe width of slat measured from edge to edge [m]. (Default: 0.025 m).
- slat_separationThe distance between each of the slats [m]. (Default: 0.01875 m).
- slat_thicknessA number between 0 and 0.1 for the thickness of the slat in meters. (Default: 0.001 m).
- slat_angleA number between 0 and 180 for the angle between the slats and the glazing normal in degrees. 90 signifies slats that are perpendicular to the glass. (Default: 45).
- conductivityNumber for the thermal conductivity of the blind material [W/m-K]. (Default: 221, typical of aluminum blinds).
- transmittanceNumber between 0 and 1 for the transmittance of solar radiation and visible light through the blind material. (Default: 0).
- reflectanceNumber between 0 and 1 for the reflectance of solar radiation and visible light off of the blind material. (Default: 0.5, which is typical of a painted white blind).
- t_infraredLong-wave hemisperical transmittance of the blind material. (Default: 0).
- emissivityNumber between 0 and 1 for the infrared hemispherical emissivity of the blind material. (Default: 0.9, which is typical of most painted blinds).
- dist_to_glassA number between 0.001 and 1.0 for the distance between the blind edge and neighboring glass layers [m]. (Default: 0.05 m).
- open_multFactor between 0 and 1 that is multiplied by the area at the top, bottom and sides of the blind for air flow calculations. (Default: 0.5).
- matA material for a blind layer in a window construction that can be assigned to a Honeybee Window construction.